Benefits of Using Microsoft Outlook
- Access Messages in An Organized Environment
- Use keyboard commands to quickly perform tasks
- Manage contacts
- Access calendar features
- Contribute to employability
Access Messages in An Organized Environment
Outlook utilizes a folder system that permits efficient message organization. You can easily access each message and any accompanying attachments beat one place. Likewise, tasks such as sending messages and attaching files can also be accomplished in an organized fashion.
Use keyboard commands to quickly perform tasks
Keyboard commands simplify the processes of sending, replying to, and forwarding messages also as navigating the inbox and other folders. No need to laboriously search through links to find what you’re looking for when you can perform a specific task by executing a keystroke.
The Outlook desktop email client can be used to manage contacts through simple navigation and keyboard commands. Easily access the address book and find important contacts once you got to send messages or meeting requests.
Access calendar features
The Outlook calendar provides an efficient means of making appointments and multiple ways of viewing your schedule. We can quickly send meeting requests to contacts and use the month, week, or day views to access upcoming appointments. The same keyboard commands you employ to read and make emails also are available for performing similar tasks within the calendar.
Contribute to employability
Now a days variety of companies are choosing Outlook as their email client because of its robust features and capabilities. Becoming familiar with this application can contribute to employability and increase productivity in the workplace.
What is Email ?
Short for electronic message , e-mail or email is information stored on a computer that’s exchanged between two users over telecommunications. More plainly, e-mail may be a message which will contain text, files, images, or other attachments sent through a network to a specified individual or group of people .
From where to get Email address ?
There are so many free and paid email service providers available in market. One of the popular free email service provider is google. You can use other free service providers like yahoo, Hotmail, Rediff mail etc.
Setup an Email Account
- Open Outlook and select File > Add Account.If you haven’t launched Outlook before, you will see a welcome screen.
- Enter your email address and select Connect.
- If your screen looks different, enter your name, email address, and password, and choose Next.
- If prompted, enter your password and select OK.
- Select Finish.
- Quick Access Toolbar. The Quick Access Toolbar may be a small toolbar which incorporates commonly used commands and is usually accessible. By default, the fast Access Toolbar is found within the upper-left corner of Outlook.
- Ribbon. The Ribbon contains frequently used commands, organized for straightforward access.
- Navigation Pane. The Navigation Pane allows easy navigation of Outlook items, and changes counting on what view you’re in. For example, when in our Calendar, you’ll see a special Navigation Pane than once we are within the Mail view.
- Message list. The message list lists our email messages.
- Reading Pane. The Reading Pane shows a preview of the chosen message.
- To-Do Bar. It shows our Calendar and items flagged for follow-up.
- Peek. Peek may be a newer feature of Outlook (introduced in Outlook 2016), and it allows us to quickly preview the various Outlook elements by hovering our mouse over each element.
Create and send an Email
- Choose New Email to start a new message.
- Enter a reputation or email address within the To, Cc, or Bcc field.
- If you do not see Bcc, see Show, hide, and consider the Bcc box.
- In Subject, type the topic of the e-mail message.
- Place the cursor within the body of the e-mail message, then start typing.
- After typing your message, choose Send.
How to open Email messages
- Select the email you want to open from your message list. When you select a preview of the message will open in the reading pane.
- Double clicking on the message will open it in a separate window.
How to reply or forward Email messages
- Open the e-mail you’re getting to reply to or forward by double-clicking it in your message list.
- On the Message tab of the message’s Ribbon, in the Respond group, select “Reply to” – to reply the message sender only, Reply All to reply to everyone who has been copied on the message, or Forward to resend the message to an email address you specify. The original message will appear in the new message.
- If the email contains an attachment, when you reply to the message, by default the attachment will not be included but when you forward the message, the attachment will be included.
- Type your text in the body of the email. Click on send.
Downloadable video tutorial link for TTRC Player Click Here